Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Front Done! and new yarn

The Scarlett Purlpernil

In the past three days I have finished the left ad right front and started the back of Mariah. If you haven't already noticed, I am saving the other sleeve till last. I want to be able to yoke after I finish that thing. I decided against pockets. I'm scared it will clutter the front up too much.

I made my way across town today to Great Yarns...Oh how I wish I had money. They had gorgeous Manos, and smokey Mtn yarns. The SMYs were around $45/ skein :faint:. They did have some pretty Cascade 220 and lovely Koigu. I bought two skeins of King Cole Luxury Mohair I'm thinking of pairing it with a few other random yarns in my stash and makind=g a shawl or something. I'm thinking of periwinkle luxury cashmere aran, silver microspun, and maybe some teal or purple chenille, and some recycled royal blue angora. Basically whatever strikes my fancy

2 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just saw your first post on the Knitty board and wanted to drop in and say hi. I'm also in the Raleigh area - NCSU to be exact - so when I saw Great Yarns in your post I just about leapt for joy! Good luck...

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, dear, I didn't identify myself, did I? I'm LeNea on the board.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com