Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Planes, Trains and Automobiles...Er Planes anyway

Hubby, Lil'un and I went to a fly in yesterday in Knightdale. One of our friends, BD, and his dad, MD, both have small aircraft and were airbossing (that is a verb, right?)the fly in, so they invited us. We got to fly in MD's plane; I think it's a cherokee or something. It was so FUN! It was kinda like a rollercoaster, but I don't like rollercoasters, but for some reason I liked doing this.

Lil'un had a blast. He was so excited to fly and there were a bunch of kids there. Most of the time he played nicely with the others. Hubby, BD, another friend of BD whose name I didn't catch, and I spent most of the time watching the planes take off and land. There was even a heliocopter. We left not long after the band showed up. We were all pretty tierd (I was burned, Ouch!)and wanted to pick up steaks, and corn on the cob for supper. Nothing beats grilled corn(Yum).

Not much knitting to report. I'm slogging through the feather and fan section of the shawl. I need another project, but I'm just not inspired right now. All I know is that it can't be green. You ever feel like you need to get out of a rut...

On a brighter note, I sign up for classes for my first semester back to school on the 29th. It's so exciting and nerveracking. It's been so long since I've been in a classroom. I hope I'm up to it. Two of the classes I need to take can be done over the web. That way I only have to go down to the college twice a week.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Froding said…

    Hi!
    I wrote to you some days ago about the beutiful schawl "The great Gatsby". I wonder where I can find the pattern!!
    Regards from Sweden// Marianne

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger ellyjobell said…

    Thanks, It's from the 2002 accessory issue of Cast On. They sell back issues at www.tkga.com I tried E-mailing you but it wouldn't send.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com