Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Blue Moon. you saw me standing alone

I've started the left front of sunrise. So far so good. My only worry is running out of yarn. I hope Big Lots has another ball hiding somewhere. I'll go back and check next time I'm near.
Image hosting by Photobucket
My sleeve has a growth! :P

Lil'uns party was a hit. We couldn't have asked for a nicer day. The kids thought the treasure hunt was the coolest thing and the cake was great. I ended up making real french buttercream for it. What's the recipie you ask...well here it is:

French Buttercream
12 oz sugar
4 egg yolks
8 oz butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla

1.Wet sugar in a heavy saucepan, taking care not to get any sugar on the sides of the pan. Put sugar over a med-high heat and bring to 240 degrees (115C).
2.Meanwhile beat egg yolks on med speed until very light and fluffy.
3.when the sugar reaches 240, pour it slowly into the egg mixture while the mixer is at a low speed. Take care to pour the sugar between the wall of the bowl and the whisk.
4.Mix at high speed until the mixture is room temperature.
5.Add butter one small piece at a time until all is mixed.
6 Add vanilla
* you may substitue 2-4 TBL of shortning for butter to make the icing more stable in warm weather.*
This icing will last 3-4 days at room temperature or 2 weeks in the fridge.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    Very nice blog..

    Did you visit my blog???

    Have a nice day

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com