Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Saturday, June 11, 2005

taken for a loop

I finally got my hot, little hands on a copy of Loop D Loop, by Teva Durham. Let me tell you, I'm normally not impressed with knitting books, but this one blew me away. I saw several techniques and a few projects I would like to try. The assymetrical fairisle, The medallian cardi, The princess seamed cardi, the lace leaf pullover, the ballerina top, and the basketweave yoked top just to name a few. It took all my willpower not to buy the book right then. It's top on my wist list.

On the knitting front, I cast off Gatsby. All it needs is the front band, now if I could just find the instructions... Oh well, if they don't turn up I'll improvise. Mostly, I just need a break from it. I'll post some pictures soon.

The past couple days, I've been making super quick Christmas projects, a skinny scarf with a big tassle on each end out of Wild Thing in flamingo and Rowan botany 4 ply in dark green and a lace cap out of burgandy LB thick and quick. Isn't instant gratification great?

ETA: I ordered Loop D Loop and 4 skeins of natural Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks. Happy Mother's Day to me! There is enough Cool Wool in my stash to make the Balerina Top, assuming I can meet gague. I also think Wool of the Andes could work in the cabled riding jacket. That would cost me about $28. I'm so excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com