Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sew fun

Long time, no see. I haven't been knitting much, but I did sew a dress. It's Mc Call's 5137 with a few small mods. I made it in a an 8 instead of the reccamended 16. I don't need 12 inches of ease! It's supposed to be a dress, not a tent. Since I did make it so much smaller, I had to install a zipper in the side. Finally, I made the bottom band of the dress skinnier. It fits like a dream and took 3 days to make. I even bit the bullet and handstitched the facings and hem. On to the pics...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger ofpinsandneedles said…

    That's lovely! I've admired the pattern a few times but thought it looked too flouncy and 70s - but yours is beautiful: great fabric and it looks very wearable.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is definately one of the prettiest Duro's that I've seen! I love your fabric choices.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com