Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Sunday, July 24, 2005

1 FO and 2 new projects!

I finished Lil'uns sweater last night. He's absolutly delighted. Unfortunatly, he can't wear it until it cools off. Here he is modeling it for me:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It's made with 3 skeins TLC Cotton Plus in the Jazz colorway. I used The Handy Book of Sweater Patterns and just threw in two seed stitch stripes. All in all I am pleased with it, but the next sweater I make for him will be seamless, because sewing seams suck. :P

I've started swatching for the Modeknit Corset Top I'm using Classic Elite Premier, a cotton/ tencel blend. It's not cooperating, so I'm going to have to tweak the gauge a bit. I think I can just get away with going up a size. Here's the yarn in all its glory:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally, I'm starting another shawl. This one may go to my MIL, if she likes it. It's called the Spider Web Shawl and can be found here. I have 3 skeins of Alpaca Cloud in the Tide Pool colorway. That ought to be enough. If it isn't I can make the border a different color.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'll swatch it tonight and see where it gets me. Hopefully it does better than the Corset top.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com