Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

VK shawl done (mostly)

I finished the crocheting on the VK knit and crochet shawl. Man, that crochet sure does eat up the yarn. I have just enough left to tassel it. Tomorrow I shop for a button, finish the tassels, and work in all the ends. I'll try to get some pictures in the next couple days.

All in all, knitting is still way more fun (and cheaper) than crochet, but I think I'll start doing the occaisional crochet hat. Also I have my eye on The Open Fan Cardigan, if I can get my hands on 4 skeins of Rowan Big Wool.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lil'un and I went to the art museum this morning. He was suitibly impressed with the Egyptian exhibit. The first thing he sid was "zombie case, mommy!" Too many episode of Scooby Doo, I think. When I told him they were mummys, not zombies, he wanted to know if they were mommy mummys or daddy mummys. That made me smile.

THe museum has a trail running behind it with outdoor exhibits (and wild blackberries) We spent most of the morning exploring it and having "ventures" I highly reccamend it to anyone visiting Raleigh.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger SylvChezPlum said…

    yeah, that open fan cardigan is really nice !!! And I love your VK shawl btw. Good job !!!
    I also learned to crochet recently, isn't it nice to be able to look at ALL the patterns, both knit and crochet ...?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com