Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Miracle of Blocking, clearly illustrated

I just finished swatching for the Spiderweb Shawl. Instead of worsted weight, I am using some lace weight, so I swatch and block carefully. Here's the unblocked amorphus blob:Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Excuse the lousy photography, but it wasn't much to see anyway.

Now check out the nice, big, square blocked version.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It ends up being 5sts/7.25rows per inch. Not bad. Now I just need to figure out hwo big I want it.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great job blocking and swatching. I'm too impatient to do that.

    By the way, I really like your pink hair. I had mine purple once, and loved it.

    --knittyboard member bleachedheart

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com