Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Enchilada's and seaming Woo Hoo!

The never ending sleeves, ended. OK, so they weren't never ending, but they sure seemed that way. I am seeming them now. Next, I'll sew on the buttons and make the medallion. If I hurry I could be done tomorrow or the next day. Yay. Never mind that it is way too hot to even think about wearing a sweater.

Mom and Dad's church is having a craft sale in October. Mom asked me to make dishcloths. She likes the round ones I did earlier.

I made my enchiladas last night. I would love to learn how to make that burrito red onion sauce someday. That's my absolute favorite, but enchilada's (and Tamales) are a close second. This really isn't a fast recipie, but it's good.

Chicken Enchiladas
Sauce:
1T olive Oil
2clove garlic, minced
1t minced onion
1/2t oregano
1/4t cumin
1/4c salsa
1 1/4c water or chicken stock
2 1/2t chili powder
1/2t basil
1/8t pepper
1/8t salt
1t parsley
6oz tomato sauce
1 Saute garlic and onion in olive oil
2 Add all but water and bring to a boil
3 Add water and simmer for 20 min
filling:
1 lg chicken breast (I mean those big ginormous ones)
3/4t Lowrys seasoning sauce
3T enchilada sauce
1/2t onion powder (or minced onion)
1/4t cumin
boil and shred chicken (or use leftovers. It doesn't even have to be chicken) The seasonings above are mostly a suggestion. Use what you like. Thoese canned peppers in the red sauce (I can't remember their name) are very nice.

1 Put a bit of the sauce in the bottom of a 8x8 pan
2 Stean 6-7 tortillas in the microwave for baout 30 sec.
3 Fill tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese
4 Roll tortillas and place in pan.
5 Cover tortillas with enchilada sauce and plenty of cheese
6 Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com