Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Friday, August 12, 2005

Mufflers and Shao Mai, Oh my!

We put a new muffler and pipes on the van today. It was $120, 48 of it was for the muffler. Pipes are expensive! It could have been worse, it could have been the cat. They're expensive *knock on wood*. It's step one to making the van legal again. On the bright side I knitted a couple of inches on the sleeves that won't end. They're at 14.5 inches, 3.5 more to go until I start the sleeve cap.

Tonight I made Shao Mai. They are little chinese pork dumplings. I make them in bulk and freeze them. That way I can just pull a few out of the freezer at a time and steam them. They are sooo good. Would you like the recipie? Sure you would...

Shao Mai
1lb ground pork
1T soy sauce
1T rice wine vinegar
1T seseme oil
1/2t garlic, minced
1T scallion, chopped
2t sugar
1t ginger, grated
2T cornstarch
1t coarse salt
1/2t blk pepper, ground
30 small wonton wrappers

1. Mix all ingredients except wrappers
2. place 1T pork in the middle of wrapper, wet edges of wrapper with a corn starch water mixture, and fold over sealing edges tightly.
3. Place dumplings 1/4" apart in a bamboo steamer lined with wet cheesecloth
4. Put steamer over a pot full of boiling water
5. Cook 20 min, swithing layers after 10 minutes.
Serve with dumpling sauce

Dumpling Sauce
1/4c soy sauce Note: I prefer to use tempura sauce and omit the sugar
1t sugar
1T rice wine vinegar
1/4c water
chopped scallions for garnish

I hope you enjoy them. Tomorrow I'll make Chicken Enchilladas Mmmmmm

1 Comments:

  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Ruth said…

    oooh, a recipe for shao mai's!! yum!! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com