Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dana's Adventures in Knitting

Monday, June 26, 2006

Drafting!

Erin of Dress a day and I seem to have similar taste. She found these ultra cute shirred dresses made from men's shirting. They're kind of expensive and they don't come in my size, but they look really easy to make.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've drafted a pattern for it. It's 2 pieces plus pockets. There's a tutorial out there on how to make shirring out of skinny elastic. I'm going to use that instead of using elastic thread. The instructions for the pockets I found in an old BH&G sewing book. The only big change I made was making the skirt an A-line.

I want to buy some nice shirting for it, but for now I'm making it out of some nice fabric my grandma gave me. At least if it isn't right I'm not out alot of money.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com